17 May, 2009

Music Therapy

As part of my solo tour I'll be giving a series of group music therapy performances at the Cafe Komodo here in Adelaide.

Music therapy is a form of complimentary medicine which also includes acupuncture, massage, yoga, aromatherapy and hypnosis as other examples. The goal of complimentary medicine is to balance the whole person - physically, mentally, and emotionally - while conventional medicine does its work. Music Therapy has helped to relieve physical and emotional symptoms, ease the side effects of conventional therapies, and improve quality of life.

In 2007 I began working and composing using my Music Therapy training in conjunction with a Massage Therapist, to create a very unique holistic healing center called “Healing With Harmony". I met with hundreds of clients and wrote individual, unique compositions for all of them.

Come and join me at Café Komodo at 3pm on Sunday afternoons to relax and enjoy some of these compositions and live performances.

Interested? Here are some links for further reading:
American Music Therapy Association
American Cancer Society on Music Therapy
Stanley Jordan (famous guitarist) and Music Therapy